Libre tea moments are perfect times to pause, reflect, appreciate… all that we have and can do. However, this week I was reminded that it is not always easy to appreciate all that we have and be happy.
We posted the following quote on our Facebook page:
“Happiness is a choice. You are the only person who can make you happy. You’re as happy as you choose to be.” — Rick Warren
And one of our followers shared with us that when you are struggling with a cancer diagnoses or other serious illness happiness does not come that easy.
This is so true. Depending on how we are feeling or what we are doing it can be very hard to feel appreciation for anything.
It is at these critical times even more important to pause, reflect, appreciate….
This conscious effort is well rewarded with a little lift in outlook and if practised often can create a permanent shift and habits and how we see the world.
We salute all of you with significant troubles for your efforts to practice gratitude for the small things and ask all of us to add our attitude of gratitude to this world.
Pause, Reflect, Appreciate the little – and big 🙂 things:
- Each breathe we take is a gift
- Our 5 senses – touch, taste, hearing, vision, smell and our 6th sense too!
- Family and friends
- Memories and our freedom of mind
- Our health, even if not the best – there is always someone in worse health
- The beauty of nature – A sunrise, sunset or rainbow
- The roof over our head and walls that surround us
- Coats and blankets to keep us warm these chilly nights
- Clean water
In Canada – Remembrance Day is this Tuesday! Libre would like to encourage you to take the time to pause and give thanks for all those who have given so much to secure our freedom.
Our lives are so busy that sometimes it’s a good idea to set a time to appreciate all that we have; tea moments, before eating, bedtime…