Summer’s here, let’s get on the road and enjoy our beautiful country. With the warm summer weather arriving, now is the time to plan a road trip adventure for your summer holidays.
Road trips can be very economical on a budget. You can prepack most food and pick up perishables such as dairy products and fresh fruit along the way. Camping out under the stars at campgrounds or staying with family in the area help the budget too. If you have a few dollars to spare, why not treat yourself. A night at a fancy hotel or some fine dining for the family may add to the road trip enjoyment.
Here are a 5 tips to help on the road trips to go smoothly:
- Pack for rainy days and chilly nights as well as the expected perfect weather. We all know the weather doesn’t always stick to its or our schedule. 🙂
- Have emergency supplies at the ready – a jack, spare tire, emergency blanket, a few energy bars, water (think Libre here 🙂 , first aid kit, cell phone to connect with family and for directions, car phone charger, a flashlight, etc. You could even pack a few lemons, freshly grated ginger and cayenne pepper to make a healing ginger lemon tea for any sore throats that might develop.
- Games to play in the car for the kids (and adults) and activities to help prevent the chorus of ‘are we there yet?’ Try colouring and activity books, card games (old maid, go fish, 21), car bingo, I spy, counting games (cows, red cars, signs etc.), Car Karaoke and many more.
- Plan your trip ahead of time. Have a map on hand in case you loose cell service. Find a good road trip app to mark the spots you’d like to stop at and stay over night at on the way to your end destination. The goal is to enjoy the road trip as well as your destination. Don’t over fill your days or over tire the driver(s), make time for lots of pit stops. Bathroom and snack breaks, and spontaneous stops for sight seeing and adventure are a must. Also be sure everyone gets out of the car to stretch their legs to relieve cramping and breathe in the refreshing summer air.
- Take advantage of all the small farmer’s markets and fruit stands. Fresh fruits and veggies will taste delicious at the campsite.
Remember to refill your Libre glasses with fresh water at every stop!
Libre Tea and Fruit Infusers are great on the road companions!
They are perfect for any hot or cold beverage keeping them hot or cold for approximately 1.5 hours. Use your imagination to create a perfect refreshing drink – iced lattes, tea, coffee, matcha, fruit infusions, ice cream floats, beer shandy….
Tell us where you’d go for your summer road trip for a chance to win a Libre Infuser of your choice!