Hard to believe Halloween is in a few days and it is just over 8 weeks until the Christmas holidays! As the days and weeks pass by Libre wants you to remember how important it is to nurture ourselves through learning and activities.
To be an artist, you don’t have to compose music or paint or be in the movies or write books. It’s just a way of living. It has to do with paying attention, remembering, filtering what you see and answering back, participating in life. Viggo Mortensen
Have your started any new activities or shopping to get ready for the holidays? Many of us like to make homemade gifts for our family or friends.
Ideas for Homemade Gift and Activities:
- Make your own Deck of Cards or coasters with Family photos or personal designs
- Here are some creative ways to use your old greeting cards
- Take a pottery class and make family & friend’s bowls, vases, coffee mugs, photo frames
- Frame your children’s art work – perfect for decorating their rooms and grandparent gifts
- Make some cotton or silk tie-dye scarves
- Go for a walk along the beach or in the woods and collect items for nature gifts
- Make knit or crochet gifts: scarfs, hats, sweaters, afghans, placemats, socks …
- Recycle an old planter and fill it full of growing delicious spices
- Make and freeze tasty homemade treats
As you can see the ideas are endless and these are only a few to get your creative mind thinking.
Only a few days left until Halloween night! The kids are getting excited about their costumes and the fun they will have at school and trick or treating. Halloween is a perfect time to try a new tea – like a Pumpkin Chai Latte or Apple Tea. Be sure to bring your Libre tea glass along with you on Halloween Night to help keep you warm during the chilly night.