Leah Goard is a soul searching, strategic business and lifestyle consultant, speaker, author and woman in hot pursuit of the multi-layered answer to one very important question… “What does it truly take to thrive in business and life?”
Leah’s company Define, Design, Align is dedicated to helping courageous individuals and businesses find clarity, rediscover their purpose & direction, reclaim their freedom & create a sustainable abundant lifestyle.
My Morning Rituals
One of the most important practices that makes a profound difference in my focus, energy and how I feel navigating my day is My Morning Ritual.
The truth is that I struggled with my morning ritual for years until I finally made the commitment to one that truly supports me. The key is that I started with one change at a time! Here’s a snapshot of my morning routine and some links to resources that you may want to check out.
- First, I throw a spoonful of coconut oil in my mouth (Read: 7 Benefits of Oil Pulling)
- Journal or Colour for 10 minutes (Free download: Outside Your Lines w/ Marlene Lowden)
- Drink hot water + lemon in my Libre Glass (Read: 16 Benefits of Lemon H2O)
- Make Matcha Tea. (Switching from coffee to Matcha dramatically improved my skin, my energy and my moods!) (Read: 10 benefits of Matcha Tea)
- Hit my yoga mat for 10 minutes (Free Yoga Videos: Bliss Breaks w/ Georgia Cyr)
- 45 minutes of quality time with my son before he leaves for school
- Head to the beach with my pup for a 20 – 40 minute run
- Work out for 20 – 40 minutes (Pilates, treadmill and weight training)
- Shower + drink my Vega Shake(I eat brunch a bit later in the day) and start work.
The key is that I am committed and flexible. Some days I fit most of it in, but when life is full, I alternate what I do based on how I feel. I celebrate the days I get it all in and also the ones where all I can do is show up for 10 minutes on my mat. What matters most is that I – and you – just keep showing up as best that we can.
How you wake up in the morning is in essence how you live your life! Cultivating a morning ritual practice that works for you will have a very powerful, positive ripple effect.