With winter’s shorter days and all the rain and/or snow it can be difficult to stay upbeat and cheerful. Some days I’d like to hibernate like a bear. So what do we do to keep our spirits lifted? How about a creative change with inspiring and pretty fruit infused water – berries remind us of spring.Fruit infused water is easy to make and a low sugar alternative – Just prepare your favourite fruits and herbs, add water and let steep for approximately 2 hours. Give a little shake and enjoy!
Tips for making Berry Infused Water:
- Steep the berries for 1-2 hours at room temperature or in the fridge for 3-4 hours
- Fruit infused water should be drunk the same day if not refrigerated. If it is refrigerated it will keep 3-4 days
- Cold or room temperature water is best. Hot water may destroy the healthy benefits of the fruit infusion.
- Use filtered water for purest taste
- Organic Fruits and Vegetables are the best, alternately you can peel the skin off the fruit or wash with a vinegar water solution.
- Blueberries (Vitamin K and C, Manganese) and Raspberries (Vitamins C, K, E and Folate)
- Cranberries (Vitamins C, K, E and Copper) and Mint (Vitamin C, Manganese and Copper)
- Strawberry (Manganese and vitamin C) and Basil (vitamins A and C)
- Blackberries (Vitamin C, E and Fiber) and Oranges ( Vitamins C, A and Calcium)
- Boysenberries (Vitamins K, A and Folate) and Lime (Vitamin C , Calcium and Iron)
- Strawberries (Vitamin C, B6 and Magnesium) and Jalapenos (Vitamin B6, B2 and B3)
Add your favourite tea (green, chamomile, black) to your berry infusion for a delightful refreshing treat.